Dolomites Private Fullday Driving Tour
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Bolzano, Italy
- Product code: IT00021
Private Driving daytrip (total of 280 km) through the breathtaking Dolomites, the most beautiful and unique alpine region of Europe, an outstanding natural beauty and a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2009. We’ll admire the Iconic Three Peaks of Lavaredo and the unique lakes nearby. We will call in Cortina d’Ampezzo, site of the Winter Olympic Games in 1956, and again in the near future.
- Departure from Bolzano, capital of the province South Tyrol and the Gateway to the Dolomites
- Drive northbound through the Isarco Valley and then east along the famous Gardena Valley to reach the famous Gardena Pass (2,136 m above sea level) where we will stop to admire the fantastic view of both Badia Valley and Sassolungo.
- We descend into the Badia Valley and climb again until we reach the Valparola and Falzarego Passes through which we enter the eastern Dolomites;
- Stop in Cortina d’Ampezzo, the "Pearl of the Dolomites", Italy’s premier mountain and ski resort.
- Continue to the Misurina Lake with the incredible panoramic view of the Three Peaks of Lavaredo. The lake, with the view of the Three Peaks to the north and the Sorapis to the south, is the most famous image of the Dolomites in the world.
- From Misurina in about 40 minutes we reach the extreme North-East Italy a few kilometers from the border with Austria for the great final of the day with a visit to the famous Braies Lake.
- From Braies in an hour and 40 minutes we return to Bolzano via the Pusteria Valley and then the Isarco Valley.